At Eastlea Community School, we expect all our students to be leaders of their own learning and promote positive change in our school community. Student Leadership in the school, will be led by a Head Boy and a Head Girl, their Deputies and several prefects. These students will have demonstrated commitment to the school community, being active participants in the academic and cultural life of the school and role models for others. These Eastlea Community School Ambassadors will meet regularly with members of the leadership team to discuss how together we achieve our vision for our school.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the Student Leadership will be to:
- Assist with the decision making of the school
- Empower students to work in partnership with staff towards shared goals
- Enable creativity to flourish, as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas, skills and sense of fun that students bring
- Prepare students for higher education and for achieving personal and professional excellence in life after formal education
- Provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of projects that impact positively on learning, teaching and wellbeing for both students and staff
Organisation and Membership
The Head Boy/Head Girl, their two deputies and the Prefects form the Student Leadership.
Appointment will be made through a rigorous application process with clear criteria including but not limited to high attendance (95+), high attainment, excellent participation, exceptional achievement, outstanding behaviour and adherence to Eastlea Values.
They will be role models to others, nominated by 2 teachers and interviewed by the Personal Development Team and head of school.