Uniform Equipment and Personal Appearance
At Eastlea Community School we want our students to take pride in their appearance and in their school.
The following uniform is compulsory for all students:
- We have a very smart new blazer with the school logo.
- This is the only jacket that can be worn around the school and on school trips (weather permitting).
Compulsory White Shirt
- A white collared shirt (long or short sleeve). No long-sleeved tops to be worn under the shirt.
- Polo-shirts cannot be worn, other than in PE.
- Ties must be tied and worn properly at all times.
- Students must not behave inappropriately with ties or without regard for their or other students’ safety.
Compulsory Black Trousers and Skirts
- Smart skirts and trousers must be plain black and must not have excessively visible buckles, studs, logos, embroidery etc.
- Trousers must be smart and suit style i.e. they must not be tight or overly loose/baggy.
- Skirts must be knee length or longer, but must not be too long (i.e., past the ankle).
- Skirts must be one layer only.
- Jeans, jogging bottoms, leggings or shorts must not be worn as part of, or underneath, the school uniform.
- Any belt worn with skirts and trousers must be black.
Compulsory Plain Black Shoes
- Shoes must be sensible and safe for school. Heels should not exceed 3cm.
- Footwear must have closed in toes and should not be backless.
- Footwear must not have excessive decoration (jewels, buckles, tassels, logos etc) or have coloured laces.
- Trainers are not permitted and will be confiscated by the school if they are worn in school.
Optional V-Neck Black Jumper with School Logo
- Sweatshirts, cardigans, hooded tops or tops with writing will not be acceptable.
- The school uniform can be worn without the jumper in warm weather.
Religious headwear e.g. Hijab/Headscarf/Mosque hat etc
- If worn, must be in black, plain with no embroidery, tassels or other decoration.
Socks and tights
- Socks must be plain black.
- Black knitted tights may be worn; they must not be patterned, lacy, sheer or different colours.
- Coats/jackets must be plain black with no logos.
- Students must not wear coats indoors.
- Hats and caps must not be worn inside the school at any time. Plain black woollen hats can be worn in the playground at break times but they must not show any logos.
- Students may wear one pair of small discreet stud earrings (or a single nose stud) and a watch. Earrings must not exceed the size of a 5p piece
- Bracelets and ankle chains should not be worn to school
- The school will not take responsibility for jewellery worn to school
- School bags must be large and practical enough to hold required equipment and school books (including A4 size).
- Purses and wallets should be stored securely.
- Eastlea logo black jogging bottoms or Eastlea logo black shorts
- Red polo shirt with Eastlea logo
The uniform guidelines will be reinforced consistently:
- Non-uniform items will be confiscated, and the school cannot take responsibility if items are mislaid during the period of confiscation.
- Students who are not in uniform will either be sent home to change with the permission from their parents or carer, or will be given the correct uniform to wear. Students will either be required to return these items or to pay for a replacement.
Students who are sent home to change must only take as long as necessary to change into the correct uniform. If a student persists in not wearing the correct uniform then their absence, when returning home to change, will be recorded as ‘unauthorised’.
The school discourages students from wearing any makeup. However if makeup is worn it should be discreet and minimal. Fake and acrylic nails are NOT permitted, students who have these will be told to remove them as they pose a health and safety risk.
Students are expected to come to school fully equipped and ready to learn. They are expected to arrive at school every day with the following equipment. Arriving at school correctly equipped is very important; failure to bring the correct equipment means that your child loses valuable learning time.
The equipment list is as follows:
- Clear plastic pencil case
- Black pen
- Green pen
- Two different coloured highlighters.
- Glue stick
- Scientific calculator (Casio Fx-83Gt Plus Scientific Calculator)